Re: nijsseni - spawning problems

I have a friend who can get his Nijsseni to breed and successfully rear fry
to a band playing.  He does not artificially hatch the spawns but he removes
the male after spawning, reason for that is he uses small tanks.  He is
meticulous with his water conditions which is the secret to any of our
successes with Apistos.
I tend to agree with you that some hobbyists all too quickly remove spawns
which I think is a vital link when these fry reach adulthood they don't know
what parental care is.
When I acquired a wild pair of Panduro they spawned successfully after 10
days in my care, despite being happy and healthy they never had success
again, why is a mystery to me.
Helen