Apisto beginner

Hi,

After several years of keeping Central American cichlids
and African rift lake cichlids, I started a tank with kribs
a few months ago.

Now I have two tanks free for a new setup. I have been
reading on Apisto's and have decided to get a tank started.

The two tanks are a 20 gallon (90x30x30cm; 35x12x12")
and a 15 gallon (60x30x40cm; 23x12x16").
I allready decorated the 20 gallon with three flowerpots
(about a foot between the pots), some wood, a little java
fern. I've seen some discussion on leaf litter. This probably
would be a good idea?
If so, I can get to oak leaves which was mentioned in an
article as a good source. But do the leaves have to be fallen
autumn-leaves (or whatever that is called) or are fresh
leaves, boiled and watered, ok also?

Water conditions are the same as in the krib tank:
ph 6.4, Gh and Kh both 4, Temp 260C (790F).
I think these conditions are good for any of the four species
mentioned below?

The species that are available from time to time in the lfs's
I visit are:
A. nijsenni
A. cacautoides
A. borellii
A. agassizii

>From what I understand, agassizii is a harem breeder,
the rest are more successfull breeders in couples.
Is that correct?

I was thinking of getting a harem of three female and
one male agassizii for the 20.
Is this a good idea? Is agassizii actually a good
(apisto)beginner fish? Or are there easier ones (to care
for and breed) among the four mentioned?

Till this point I always used danio's as dithers/targets.
I've read about some tetras and killies and came up
with these species:
- Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi
- Aphyosemion bitaeniatum
- Nannostomus marginatus
Are they any good (ie which is the best, including danios)?
Please use the scientific names as I'm dazzled by english
species names ;)
Please note that the dithers might be for the 20 wich is a
very low tank, only 12"

Thanx for any help and sorry for my lengthy first post to
the list :p

cy!
Klaus