From: samaroo <samaroo@aracnet.net>
Date: Saturday, January 09, 1999 5:08 PM
Subject: Dwarf Pike ID

Hello All,

while we're on the subject of dwarf pikes, about a month ago I picked up an individual about 1.5" long.
It was a contaminant in a tank of D. filamentosous (thank you Rob Shaw).  I have a subadult group of C. regani and thought that this new fish looked very similar to them when they were younger...with one exception.

The new pike looks like a female, with one black spot on her dorsal fin beginning to show.  Unlike all my other(?) female C. regani the outline of that spot is not white, but quite clearly orange-red.  Is she a regional variation of C. regani? C. notopthalmus? Anyone have a clue?

TIA

Andy