blackwater

Hi everyone,I am new to the list.Great apisto info.I have a question for
anyone who can help.For what spieces should you use blackwater?I have
noticed that some people dont use it at all.Would it be fine to use it on
clear water spieces?I was thinking of putting peat in nylons in the out flow
of my filters and was wondering if it would be ok for all or should I
research localities and just use it for black water
spieces,re-bitaeniata?Thanks for any info.
      Vern.