true flying foxes

When looking for the true "flying fox", crossocheilus siamensis, look for
the ones with the dark lateral line that extends through the caudil fin.
Sometimes the young ones are hard to ditinguish.  They will get quite
large, I have 2 in a 75 gal that the lighter built one is 5" and the heavy
bodied one is 6". I started out with 4 and they fought so much that I had
to separate down to these which I think are a pair. They did eat algae for
some time, but now prefer the regular fish fare in the tank.

The best algae eaters that I have found are some para-ottos that I got from
Julio Melgal.
They are at it ALL the time.
MikeD