Re: off-topic, but not majorly -Reply

>>Plan on going back again the next time I am in Chicago, like this spring
for the AKA convention and the GCCA Cichlid Classic. <<

Unfortunately, the central coral reef tank will be "off line" this spring (it
may be already).  It's all part of their new construction project of building
an Amazon river display that will meander through one of the galleries.
The coral reef will be opened again once construction is complete.

Fortunately, there's still plenty to see.  I was particularly impressed with
the behavior of a group of Bosemani Rainbowfish.  The dominant male
was chasing a subordenant male into a corner of a 5 foot by 6 foot tank.
It really demonstrates how much territory these fish, and others, claim in
the wild.  Sort of makes our small glass tanks, even the bigger ones,
seem inadequate.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson