Re: Aquarium Lighting

>Last week I priced out some T-8 daylight bulbs and a ballast- each bulb
was
>$10  (canadian) and the electronic ballast was $40. Do you know of any
>Canadian sources that are as cheap as yours.

I deal with a local lighting shop, I have a friend who worked there, and
thus I can get relatively good prices.  (This is in Port Coquitlam
remember, and I haven't dealt with anyone outside of the tri-cities)  I
haven't thought about udgrading to T-8 tubes yet (probably should, but
there is only so much I can do on a highschool student's budget)  Where
did you buy these supplies?  I know that a Ballast that runs 2 4 footer
T-8s would cost me about $20.  I know home depot has these suckers, but
since I have the connections here with the lighting shop, all the
business home depot gets from me is on sand for my tanks.
 according to the lighting shop, the two foot tube is less commonly used
and the prices for two foot ballasts are signifigantly higher than four
foot ballasts.  (Like $30 for a 2X2' T-8)  So I went with T-12s, maybe
I'll upgrade later, but my Spectralites are working just fine (tanks
overrun with nutso plants)  I can't seem to justify the expense, as I am
trying to save for a Metal Halide for my 65 gallon hex.
E-mail me privately for more nitty gritty stuff

Good Luck,
Kevin