More Water Chemistry/PH Issues -- Please Help

Hi all,

After reading the many posts in the past few days about water chemistry, I
wanted to ask everyone's opinion on the easiest way to obtain good water
values for keeping and maintaining apistos.  I live in New York City and my
water values are as follows: ph=6.5, gh= 90 ppm, kh=4 dkh. What would be the
easiest way to get my gh to optimal levels.  I have an RO unit which I haven't
used in 4 months (for a reef tank).  But would it be easier just to set up a
30 gallon rubbermaid with peat filtration.  I have a feeling this would get my
water to desired levels.
I am looking for the simplest, most straightforward approach.

Andy