Re: pH hell [2nd reply]

G Kadar writes:

<snip>>Question: if I fill a knee-hi stocking (like panty hose) with peat moss
(the
>good stuff from New Brunswick) and put it into an 18 gallon muck bucket
>which I fill with hot water from the tap, do I have to do anything beside
>let it sit in it?  Or do I have to put in some type of powerhead to move
>the
>water around?

Think of it as brewing tea.  Just let it "seep" for a couple days.

>I have never tried this before, but I went out and bought 3
>  >cubic feet of the stuff today.  (It's not the dry variety.  It weighs a
>  ton.
>  >My cousin 'fixed' his shoulder carrying it home.

Lucky Al

>hehe  (I get goofy when I'm
>exhausted))  Then after two days will the water be ready for use?<<snip>

Probably.  It will continue to lower pH and conductivity beyond that, but the
majority of the effect will happen in two days or thereabouts.

Bob Dixon