Re: well if its not one its the other... A. uaupesi "red-wedge"

Just my 2 centavos.  If she is barricaded in, she's either already done it, or
she's ready to.  Since the male is being less than fully attentive, I'd say
the eggs are already there.  And I wouldn't mess with the pH just yet.  Watch
and see.  Then move them to a ten if she emerges without fry.

And an ASE that prefers animal-type feed to algae may not be a real SAE.
There's a couple of closely related species that can be mis-identified.

Bob Dixon