Re: Papiliochromis vs. Microgeophagus

> kaycy, i think we went through this discussion in the list before.  P. is
> accepted by the europeans mostly who don't agree that axelrod properly
> described the genus when he proposed the Microgeophagus genus (i think
> kullander first proposed this genus).  M. is accepted by others (americans
> mostly, i guess) who accept his article as vallid description.  others in the
> list can clarify this if this is inacurate.
I don't remember but it is a possibility. I know that at the clubs here
that we attend, I have to label the bags with Microgeophagus and not the
Papiliochromis. To me, I got them as the P. It can get so confusing with
all the name changes and who is saying what that it should be.

Thanks.

Kaycy

http://www.calweb.com/users/d/djhanson/index.htm