Re: Papiliochromis vs. Microgeophagus

In a message dated 3/1/1999 1:01:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djhanson@calweb.com writes:

> As far as I know the Papiliochromis altispinosa has been recently
>  changed to Microgeophagus. That is the info I get from out local Cichlid
>  club and other 'experts'.

kaycy, i think we went through this discussion in the list before.  P. is
accepted by the europeans mostly who don't agree that axelrod properly
described the genus when he proposed the Microgeophagus genus (i think
kullander first proposed this genus).  M. is accepted by others (americans
mostly, i guess) who accept his article as vallid description.  others in the
list can clarify this if this is inacurate.

tsuh yang chen, nyc