Re: how to breed pelvachromis pulcher

Hello Jonathan
Your tap water is just fine for breeding Kribs.
Actually you should get a nice ratio of male and females from your pair
in this pH.   I would recommend a temperature of about 78 F.   This is
what I use as a breeding temperature for just about everything except
rams.   Them I keep just a little warmer.   I would go ahead and set upt
the 30 gallon tank for the breeder tank.   Use a layer of small sized
gravel through out the tank with a depth of about 1.5 inches deep.  This
gives the pair something to dig pits in when the fry become wigglers.
You can use plants if you want or not.   Set up a few caves or flower
pots in the tank to give the pair a choice of where they will want to
spawn.   It will also give your female a place to hide if she's not
ready for spawning and the male is.   Feed the pair a good variety of
foods with some live foods to get them conditioned for spawning.   Then
just wait for mother nature to take it's course.   You'll just love the
colors of your pair when they're getting ready to spawn and are in brood
care coloration.    Kribs are one of the best looking color wise fish
you can spawn.   I've never been disappointed with any pair I've ever
had.   They always look good.
    The reason I suggested the 30 gallon over the 10 gallon tank is that
you won't have to move the fry out when they get to the 1/2 inch size
and the adults want to spawn again.
Good luck with them.   Keep the list posted to your success.
John Wubbolt