Re: A. sp Erdfesser

Ken Laidlaw wrote:

> > Regretably no photo of the true A. pulchra can be found in Aqualog, Bork
> > & Mayland or Linke & Staeck books.
>
> What are the fish that appear as A.pulchra in Aqualog
> please?
> Ken.
>
> ps checked out the URL given by Mike, very nice fish.

For my opinion, the fish in Aqualog SAC-II page 56 (S03805-4) is a male
A. gephyra, maybe the preceding photo is same species. But I would like
to read Mike Wise's opinion.
In a certain way they resemble the "Red-tail Xingu"-Apisto (Buntbarsche
Bulletin, 148, October 1998), but the lateral band seems to be broader
[Aqualog fish] and the caudal fin lower half unspotted [Aqualog fish].

Cheers.