Ap. Tucurui

On the 14th February my friend gave me a trio of Ap. Tucurui.  I am pleased
to tell the list that on Saturday one of the females appeared with her free
swimming fry.  The second female has also spawned.  They are housed in a
39inchL x 20inWx16inT tank. pH is 6.2 Temp 82f.
They are sharing the tank with a young pair of Uaru that I was given on 30th
January.  They are also rearing 9 day old fry.
One female Tucurui spawned in an upturned pot with drainage hole enlarged,
this is positioned at the right hand back corner of the tank.  The second
female has spawned at the opposite back corner in an upturned clay saucer
with small entrance chipped out.
The male spends equal amounts of time swimming across the tank to his
females.  At present they are doing a good job caring for the fry.
I am well chuffed with the success on both these species I thought i would
share it with you all.
Helen Burns.