The Apisto That Wasn't?

OK, got a clean ID on my problematic fish. I posted the info to some
European breeders and my timing was perfect - they were holding aquatic
competitions, with clubs competing on a national level in Finland. One young
stud there jumped on the drawing as Badis badis, most likely the red
chameleon Burmanicus variety. (My friend and his two compatriots walked away
with top prize, going for the Danish gold now - Well Done, Ole!).
Considering that the fish is very rare in Europe, the guys were quite
impressed at the lad's ability to pull that off.

Go to

http://www.tfh.com/magpromo/maglist/tropical/tropical.html

substitute red for the black areas of the fins, and you see my fish...

Hmm, don't know where Badis lies in the grand scheme of taxonomy. I see from
several BAPs that it is one of the higher-scoring fish. Certainly are
beautiful suckers...Anyone have any info on this fish, or can point me to
the specific issue of TFH that's displayed in this covershot?

Thanks to all for the efforts extended.

-Y-

David A. Youngker
http://www.mindspring.com/~nestor10