Re: Importing Wild Apisto's

"EXT AVS; Jota Melgar" wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
> >It looks like the Panduro brothers have started a
> >trend. They get an apisto named for them, then comes Coriat, and now Julio
> tells
> >me of an A. sp. Alberti.
>
> We should consider ourselves lucky. This problem is a lot more prevalent in
> Corys and Plecos. I have seen Corys listed as C. miguelito, C. dida, C.
> kiko, C. daniella (all daughters of an exporter) and plecos as P. narrini
> (for Juan Carlos Narro) to name a few.
>
> Julio

My LFS showed me a list including C. daniella. The exporter had
some and it turned out to be C. semiaquilis. The same list also
had A. sp. "Kiko" which turned out to be A. cacatuoides, a
blueish form, very nice but only males.

It isn't unusual that the same species is listed twice under
different names. This list contained A. panduro and A. sp.
"Celeste" amongst others and they both turned out to be
A. panduro. Even the nijsseni had several panduro amongst them.

Fredrik L.