Re: Laetacara Sp.apisto V1 #294

John:

I picked up 5 juvenile Laetacara sp. "Araguya - Buckelkopf" some months
ago from Henry at DADs FishRoom. They also came from Biotope in
Montreal. Beautiful fish! The only reference source I have seen with
photos close to my fish is Aqualog - S. American Cichlids III. They have
several shots of "Laetacara sp. 'Buckelkopf'" which are definitely my
fish. I can't give you the page number as that particular volume of
Aqualog is still on my wish list :-). Linke and Staeck discuss a similar
species on Page 198, however the colouration is far too red compared to
mine. This could simply be a result of the printing process.

Two of the 5 paired off after 6 months (they were only .5 in. when they
came in) and have spawned 3 times. The water conditions they seem to
prefer are: 27ºc, 6 - 6.5 pH, and quite soft water (< 8º dgH). After
pairing off I had to remove the remaining 3 fish to another tank as they
were being chased to death, this in a 66 gal.!

I hope this is of some assistance to you, and if 20 other people have
already answered your question, I apologize. (I'm a little behind with
my e-mail :-) ).

-- Kim