A.tucurui

Vern wrote:

>Has anyone heard of a new color form of tucurui?I have been hearing that
>there is a new one they are calling red/blue.Is this just another selling
>gimmick?

I guess you can make an argument for the correctness of the red/blue tag.
Males A. sp. "Tucurui" have some blue on the dorsal and anal fins and a
series of parallel reddish-brown dots. However, in the absence of another
color form I'll have to say that it's another selling gimmick.

Helen then wrote:

>I don't know about Tucurui but I hear someone is exporting Red Scalare
>Angels, the mind boggles.

Gary is right about the spotted scalares. This are common in the Rio Nanay,
Peru. I've also read a report in one of the Aqualog News mentioning a
scalare  from the Rio Negro with red caudal fins and, to a lesser degree,
red dorsal and anal fins. The author was John Dawes. I'd like to see this
angel.

Julio