Re: Filter

Edison,
1.   I calculate that 100 gallons U.S. is equal to 80 imperial gallons here
in the UK.  I use Eheim external canister filters myself but in my opinion
in your 100 gallon tank you will require more filtration that just the 2213.
I am somewhat obsessed with filtration in my tanks and also maintenance so I
may not be the best judge on this.  For example one of my tanks has the same
volume of water as yours and the filtration I am using is an Eheim 2317
external canister, trickle filter and a large air-driven sponge filter.
2.   My external canister is filled with ceramic rings with filter floss at
the top.
3.   Depending on your pH.  You could add to the canister peat granules
which will reduce your pH considerably.  If like me you have very soft water
I have to include a little coral gravel in my filters to stabilise my pH
which can fall to below pH4 no bother at all.
Hope this may be of help.
Helen