Re: A.sp.Malome, A. sp. Iquitos and A. sp. "Blue"

>Yes, they are a member of the regani-group (resticulosa-complex).
>
>Mike
>
>Vern Wensley wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike and Marco.
>> A.sp.LAGUA-ABUNA is very,very close to the fish I have.Body shape and finage
>> are almost identical.Add red color to the caudal fin and blue spangling to
>> the cheeks and you would have my fish.The picture of the female is close
>> except for the black markings below the lateral line.When they were young I
>> had suspicions that they might be regani,because they had the regani
>> barring.You guys sure know your stuff,thanks for all the help!
>> I better mention that I am looking at the pics in the Aqualog.
>> Vern.
>> Ps.Are they a regani fish?

Now I'm confused.  I thought they were a eunotus-complex fish.  The orange
spot at the base of the pectoral fin is supposedly characteristic.  Both
the Aqualog picture and my A. sp. Rio Malome'  have such a spot.  And while
we're discussing eunotus-complex (or at least I am), does anyone on the
list have another name for a fish I bought as A. sp. "Blue" which appears
to be a eunotus-complex fish with nice metallic blue bodies in males, some
of which show lines of red scales on belly?  Finally, I have second hand
report that A. sp. "Iquitos" is an elongate fish with a spade-shaped tail.
Checking A. agassizii in Aqualog shows A. agassizii "IQUITOS" on page 17.
The wholesaler said they had a lot of yellow which seems to verify it's an
agassizii. Mystery apparently solved.  Fish should arrive on March 27th so
I'll verify.

Charles Ray
Auburn, Alabama