Re: A.sp.Malome, A. sp. Iquitos and A. sp. "Blue"

Carles Ray wrote:

>And while
>we're discussing eunotus-complex (or at least I am), does anyone on the
>list have another name for a fish I bought as A. sp. "Blue" which appears
>to be a eunotus-complex fish with nice metallic blue bodies in males, some
>of which show lines of red scales on belly?

The name A. sp. "Blue" doesn't sound familiar. The description, although
incomplete, seems to fit the fish we have pictured as A. sp. "Rio Nanay"
(possibly A. sp. "Orangestreifen") in our web page. This is the only
species that I remember having red bordered abdominal stripes. Check the
picture at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsmelgar/images/Aspnanay.jpg. If
that picture doesn't suffice let me know and I'll post a couple other ones.

>Finally, I have second hand
>report that A. sp. "Iquitos" is an elongate fish with a spade-shaped tail.

Most likely A. agassizii, together with A. cacatuoides the most common
Apisto around Iquitos.

Julio