Re: R.O. UNIT

--- Dave Gomberg <gomberg@wcf.com> wrote:
> So you are saying that the water after RO and one
day
> of exposure to the
> atmosphere is pH 6.5?   And you call that acid?

What were you expecting instant Amazon river water?
Duh, last time I checked 6.5 is acidic. That is less
then 7 above being alkaline. You can spawn an aweful
lot of Apisto's in such water and it is easier to work
with when you start with acidic water.
The other units I was using were giving me water that
held at Ph 7.5 so I see a clear cut diffrence.
Personally I am using well water with a Ph of 5.5 and
less then 30 microsiemans. And yes this is also acidic,
I still have to treat it with peat to be succesfull
with the more black water species. My RO is for my
drinking water and my reef tank.

--- Dave Gomberg <gomberg@wcf.com> wrote:
David, can you say something about why your Spectapure
puts out acid water?
  That doesn't fit with my model of how these guys
work.   Please advise. Dave

If you would like any further advice Dave I would
advise that you go call their Tech support line and get
it from the horses mouth. www.spectrapure.com
They are very nice and they cater to hobbyists. Good
luck with you RO sytem.