Re: "Mellisa" virus affect on the "apisto mailing list

In a message dated 3/31/99 2:11:22 PM EST, topgun3@gte.net writes:

> on another point is the "mellisa" virus going to affect this apisto
>  mailing list...is it safe to open e-mail...understand 200,000 computes
>  are affected...

Melissa requires the recipient to open an attached file.  There should be no
attached files on this list.  The last attached file problem we had was the
"Happy.exe" virus.  Simply ignore any attached files that are not clearly
defined by the sender as being something useful, like a photo or something.

I'm not using Word, so I can't send any Melissa virus copies, even if I
wanted to.
Bob Dixon