Bolivian rams surprised me!!!

Oh my goodness!!  I am almost breathless with surprise.  My "muppets" have
spawned!!!!!!!

I only bought them two weeks ago, or maybe even less, and I had no idea
whatsoever about anything re: courtship .......or even if they'd spawn.

Then just now, I was sitting in front of their tank looking at the lotus
leaves which have grown to about the size of my hand!! and below one of the
biggest leaves is a flattened eggshaped piece of grey-black granite! and
what's on the stone but about 50 eggs!!!!  WOW!!!!!  Do I ever feel
blessed!!!

The eggs are a translucent whitish not yellow or orange or anything like
that.  They are not dead eggs I know what those look like.  Who's the mom,
the pop?  I'm not sure yet.  One of them was 'mouthing' the eggs to keep
them clean.

This is so typical.  I just went out and bought a 54 gallon tank that I was
planning to set up during the week-end so that these sweet fish will have
their own spacious home.  But, what do they do?  Spawn in the 30 gallon tank
instead.  This never fails!!!  Well, I guess the 54 will have plenty of time
to mature before I transfer anyone into it.

I'm so excited.  Gotta go back and see what else these fish have been up to.
For all I know the other pair spawned on the rock at the back of the tank.
One of them was back there when I found the eggs.

Oh yes, and the ?female/male's dorsal fin has gone all red since the
spawning.

G. Kadar