Re: Metronidazole

This antibiotic/antiprotozoan does not have as strong an effect on the
biological filter bacteria as some others, but you would be much wiser to
not use it in a planted tank with other fish.

I have used it in a 10 gallon planted tank because my borellii was showing
signs of bacterial infection on his scales.  There were only the two of them
in there and everything survived intact. But I would never experiment and
put this stuff into a large tank full of other fish.

When infestations are caught early, these drugs work.  Later on, they may
kill the bugs but your fish may be too debilitated to come back.

G, Kadar