Re: Fat Lips; Levamisol...Again

>Doug Brown <> wrote: <<<<Fat Lips
>My new sp. "Rotpunkt" male has really swollen lips and is starting to not
>eat as much. I remember hearing about this but can't seem to find any
>information on how to treat it. Help!>>>>>>
>
>If you are sure that the lack of appetite is related to an infection
>of the lips, probably clean water and a tablespoon of salt each
>10 gallons will take care of it. It is not a common problem, though.
>Most often poor appetite is due to internal parasites.

Thanks, wow one day later and the male is dead. It must have been internal
parasites after all. The pair was in a very clean tank, but looking back
the male's lips were swollen when I got him. I did find out from the LFS
that they are wild caught fish. They are such good looking Rotpunkt that
I'm getting more though!

-Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com