Re: sand vs gravel

Heh, too complicated for me! I guess it could work though I suspect much of
the sand would find its way into the gravel layer eventually.

BTW, I don't have any sand at all in these tanks. It's mostly the dark
brown small BB gravel (there must be another name for it) with some larger
black gravel mixed in. The small gravel is nice and rounded so the apistos
don't mind it, but I'm sure they like the sand better.

>What you could do is put your BB gravel for the bottom two inches and
>just have an inch or so of sand on top of that.  That way the plants
>roots aren't too compact and your apistos can be happy too.
>
>Jason Miller
>Sherwood Park, AB

-Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com