borelli behavior

I finally saw some of the fry I suspected that were there. I knew they had
to be there because of the way the female stayed in the cave except to chase
the male. They weren't free swimming. They were just clinging to side of the
interior of the cave.

What behavior can I expect from the male? Is he there just to give the
female something to chase? Is he likely to eat the babies? He couldn't be
too hungry he has all the mosquito larva he wants to eat (and I got a few
mosquitos in the house).

Daniel Harnden