P. taeniatus spawn

I am so excited right now I can't stop grinning.  I have a pair of
P.taeniatus Lobe that spawned last night.  It was totally unexpected as I
didn't notice very much color change in either of the pair.  The male is not
camped over the cave as I thought he would be.  In fact he has totally no
interest in the female or the cave area at all.  The female doesn't chase
him off and he just seems to mind his own business. She is very aggressive
to the other fish in the tank.  This is a complete change form the day
before.
I have been told that these fish are known to eating their eggs and fry.
My question is...Should I leave the male in the tank and see what happens,
or should I try to remove him with the least amount of effort as possible.
The pair are in a well planted tank 48.5"L X 12.5"W X 13.5"H with 2 leopard
danios. I don't know the gallons.  I'd guess about 30.
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Walt

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:McCree;Walter
FN:Walter McCree
ORG:USA.Net;Sales
TITLE:AdMaster
TEL;WORK;VOICE:719-265-2930 ext 2889
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:719-332-0141
TEL;WORK;FAX:719-265-2921
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Colorado Springs;1155 Kelly Johnson Blvd.=0D=0ASuite 400;Colorado Springs;C=
O;80920;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Colorado Springs=0D=0A1155 Kelly Johnson Blvd.=0D=0ASuite 400=0D=0AColorado =
Springs, CO 80920=0D=0AUSA
URL:http://www.usa.net
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:wmccree@usa.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:adcreative@usa.net