Re: Shipping fish

David Shim <David_Shim@MCKINSEY.COM> wrote:

FedEx, UPS won't ship live fish.

> USPS sometimes will.  I have received fish this way,
> but others have had
> problems.  One fish seller explained that it was
> against official policy,
> but the post office in practice operates on a don't
> ask don't tell basis.
> I haven't verified what the official policy is.

Both UPS and Fedex will ship live fish. I have used
both in the past. With UPS being the better of the
two.

As for the post office beleive it is perfectly OK to
ship live fish via the post office! My first attempt
many years ago I had a Postal worker give me the third
degree. And I made the post master look it up in the
rules and it is in the rule book. Live animals are OK.

Perhaps UPS and Fedex have regional diffrences but I
have used them both to ship with out any problems. Of
course delta dash is the best option if I had to
choose. My 2 cents

===

David Sanchez
Casselberry, FL