Re: Shipping fish

David_Shim@MCKINSEY.COM writes:

<snip>< USPS sometimes will.  I have received fish this way, but others have
had
 problems.  One fish seller explained that it was against official policy,
 but the post office in practice operates on a don't ask don't tell basis.
 I haven't verified what the official policy is. >>

I have gone to the local airport Post Office and made no secret of the fact
that they are fish.  The folks at the PO had no problem with it.  They ship
dogs, cats, lizards, you name it.  I've never had fish refused, and they are
the "official" carrier of the AKA.  When did this "official" policy go into
effect?  I got my plane tickets for Detroit from Southwest ($99 each way),
and they don't allow live critters of any type, so I have already decided
that if I bring fish back from the auction, I will be stopping at the airport
post office on my way out of town.

Dave Soares uses UPS exclusively.  They pick the fish up at his house.

Bob Dixon