Re: Derek Wingert and Sholight

Why would anyone get rid of a Sholight?  They're the best thing going for
plants as far as dollar value.

I got a letter recently from someone who wanted to know if the 36" light
fixture with 2 bulbs causes melting of the plastic housing.  Can you write
me back if you see any damage whatsover?

Also, unless you have CO2 and if you plan to keep lots of plants, your pH is
going to start bouncing around at some point when all the dissolved CO2 is
used up and the Kh starts to drop.  Been there done that.  Without CO2, the
best solution is lots of duckweed/watersprite/lily pads on the surface to
lower the light level a bit and slow down the plant growth underneath. I've
been through this and I found this to be the best solution without the use
of CO2. Also, dwarf cichlids seem to love the cover.  They come out and
aren't spooked by anything including me walking close by the tank.

G. Kadar