Re: borelli behavior (sponge filter)

Helen,

I want to give my babies the best I can. I have some water sprite I can put
in the tank to give some cover. I have fine gravel and sand I could put on
the bottom of the tank. I had it bare to make it easier to siphon debris
from the bottom when I do water changes. I turn the filter off make when I
feed baby brine shrimp so that it doesn't circulate all over.  It might be a
scary tank, it sits at one end of the kitchen counter (which is busy).

Describe a generic apisto raising out tank for me. How are yours set up?

> Daniel,
> I cannot see any reason for you to turn off the filtration.  Apart from
> loosing the bacteria the flow from the filter circulates the heat in your
> tank.  Can you perhaps obtain some plants for the fry tank, Java Moss or
> Fern this will make the fry feel more secure.  Remember that these fry
have
> not experienced water flow or the noise this makes.  Also you have placed
> them in a bare bottom tank which in my opinion scares fish.
> Helen
>

> >My borelli fry are about 10 days free swimming. I siphoned them out and
> >placed them in a ten gallon tank. I put a sponge filter in with the fry
> (the
> >adult tank still has leaves in it and no filter but all appears well).
The