Re: Re colorful apistos

Yes, it is close to both A. eunotus & A. cruzi. At normal Rio Tahuayo water conditions (pH<6 and very soft) the male's body is almost entirely blue. Unlike A. cruzi, the tail of the male shows a series of vertical rows of spots (sometimes very faint). A. eunotus shows a split in Bar 6 below the lateral band. A. sp. Rio Tahuayo doesn't show this split.

Mike Wise

Paul Evans wrote:

This sounds very similar to the A. cruzi that
I have.  Orange caudal, abdominal stripes, orange
pectoral spot, very long dorsal, anal, and ventral
fins.  The body has obvious blue sheen with some
scales very bright blue.  I would not call it a
bright blue over all.  I have been keeping them in
water that is near neutral (slightly over to slightly
under depending on the plants using the CO2 I am
injecting).  They spawned in water that was ph 6.8,
KH=2, GH=1.

Paul