Re: Two Questions

John Wubbolt wrote:

> Hello Gary
> I saw this fish that was being sold as Blue Neons in Big Als pet shop in
> Ottawa this past Monday.   I was a little upset because the importer
> sold only males to this particular shop.I am sure that the fish in
> question is a Resticulosa.   I have Apisto Resticulosa in tanks here in
> my house which is why I'm fairly certain that these Blue Neons were
> Resticulosa.    The shop manager Christine said they didn't come in as a
> particular species only Blue Neons.   She also mentioned these guys were
> coming in from Asia not south america or Germany.

> John

John and all,
I think the suspicion about this form partially comes from the fact it's
always from Asia. There's a breeder producing lots of them in Eastern
Canada, which is how I know they breed true.
The Asian fish have come in a couple of times a year for the past 5
years or so, labelled as veijita or resticulosa. They're really cheap at
the source apistos. Whatever their origin, they're pretty.
-Gary