Re: A. guttata

I collected A. guttata two years ago in Venezuela and most of the stock
available today comes from that collection.  These are hardey fish and
breed fairly prolifically in the correct water parameters.  The pH
should be 4.5 -5.0 and with very soft water.  When we collected the fish
the water temp. was 82 degrees with a pH of4.4 and a hardness of 10
ppm.  The pictures in the Aqualog do not do the fish justice.  They can
be much more colorful than depicted.  In the same collection area, we
collected some colorful fish and some that were much duller in color.
These two populations have tended to breed true.  Also as is so common,
succeeding generations are not as striking as the wild fish.
Incidently, we will be returning to Venezuela next month to try to
collect these fish again.
Tom