Removing fry

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove apisto fry from a heavily
planted tank?  I usually wait until they are at least two months old and
recognize me for their feeding.  However, I have notice a considerable drop
in numbers from when they were first free swimming when I wait.
My pelviacachromis were easy to remove because they all stayed in a mass
with the male.  I just turned the light on suddenly and siphon them out as a
group.  The apistos don't hang together and are extremely small and hard to
see.
Please help.

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy