Nijenssi Spawning

My Nijenssi just had free swimming fry April 27th.  I had a club member come
over on the 7th of May to verify the spawn.  There were so many.  I figured
that with only having the five Ottocats, the Zebra Pl*co and a Butterfly
Pl*co in this 30 gal, heavily planted tank, I would have a larger survival
count.  Now there are maybe 4 or 5 fry.  I was deeply dissapointed.  There
went my breeder points.  I was truly thinking of breaking the tank down and
starting again with a bare bottom tank.  However, at 9:45 pm tonight I got
the pleasure to watch my pair lay and fertilise another clutch of 40 to 50
eggs!  I have read the lists and numerous books on the whole affair, but
have never witnessed it first hand.  I am reborn.
I just had to tell someone.

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy