Re: A.viejita

I am with you Vern! They are very nice fish but I
prefer the nice wild form of Viejita II. They have red
spots on the operculem and a dotted red-line running
along the lateral line behind the eye. They are quite
impressive and very alert and combative for little
Apisto's. I have noticed my wild varieties to be more
dominant then the German Imports in question. I have
had a line going that I cross wild stock into every
generation or so. Any outstanding males I find among
my Imports I am quick to add to my breeding program.
The A.viejita II are a favorite of mine and I keep a
trio in a 30 gallon "show tank" they give me about
300-400 fry a month, I even let Mom and Dad raise the
fry with those numbers :). How are those Rams?

--- Vern Wensley <vernwen@home.com> wrote:
> The price on these fish is $49.99ea!!For me to buy a
> pair its
> $100+shipping!How do they justify a price like
> that?I have seen viejita 11
> for about $25-30 a pair and they were colorful
> healthy fish.At those prices
> they better be super somthing.
> Vern

===