Re: A.viejita

Apisto Folks.........let's look at what I said...

"Vern........I'll tell you this Vern.  I would be embarrased to tell you how
much money I've spent believing people who say they have the REAL A. viejita
II..............none of them do except Julio Melgar.  His are really SUPER
and they are healthy and ready to spawn....Do yourself a favor give Julio a
holler... http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsmelgar/

I got some young ones (A. viejita II.....just sexable) from him about 3
weeks ago and I have fry already......that's how healthy his fish are!"

In answering a legit question from someone I mentioned no one's name....but
I too have been chasing the A. veij. II  for quite some time (2 yrs.)...and
felt much like Vern did in asking that question, and have asked that very
question myself to a dozen people........then, spending quite a lot of money
believing quite a number of people.....I merely wanted to tell someone, and
make light of myself at the same time, of the problems and the money spent
involved in finding that fish.......so I pushed Julio's fish.  No harm
intended or indeed I would have mentioned names!  As a matter of
fact.......I still buy from a guy who sold me some A. viejita II that were
absolutly terrible.......and both of us laugh at the stiuation now!  It
wasn't earth shattering then nor is it now......that fish (A. viejita II)
as, most people picture, I, I say I, have found most difficult to find.
David.....for some reason feels that everything I say is aimed at
him......don't flatter yourself.  The second comment was AFTER he jumped me
however!

Apisto list...let me see how I have "sucked up" to Julio.  In the past oh
say 2 years I have been responsible for buying maybe $1000-$1200 worth of
apistos from Julio (not all for me).  Not ONCE have I asked for ANY discount
on a fish or multiple fish from Julio, nor will I .......and not ONCE has
any offer of a discount been offered by Julio to me or the group I was
buying for, nor should there be........if that is "sucking-up".......I am
guilty.  End of story!

To the list at last........I ment no harm...as usual, blown out of sight.
Nuff' said!  I'm back to lurking...

Mike

Mike Jacobs
Math Instructor, Center for Advanced Technologies
Lakewood H.S., St Pete, Fl.
mfjacobs@geocities.com
mikejacobs2@tampabay.rr.com