Re: Feeding Microworms

Francine writes:

> I need advice on how to ensure that fry in a tank well planted get the
>  microworms.  I have removed the Pl*cos and left four Ottocats in the tank
>  with the Nijenssi.  I have observed the older Ottos eating the frozen brine
>  shrimps at the bottom of the tank.  I want to make sure that the fry get
the
>  majority of the worms.
<snip>>
If this planted tank has any kind of "bunch" plants, like java moss, cabomba,
etc, there are a lot of infusoria cruising around those plants.  The
microworms may be secondary.  Baby brine shrimp are easier to distribute in
this scenario in such a way that the fry find them.  If you really want to
use microworms, I suggest putting them in a small baster/dropper in water,
and then squirting them right into the midst of them.

Bob Dixon