Re: Immaculate conception

In a message dated 5/27/99 9:52:09 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
mdiller@MAIL.LAWNET.FORDHAM.EDU writes:

> I came home last night to find that my female taenatus is guarding a bunch
of
> eggs.  The only problem is that there is no male in the tank.
>
>     Unusual?  harmful in any way?
>
>  I assume that she will eventually eat the eggs.  I feel badly for her
though.

>  Matt Diller

Well, it's not common, but at the same time, it's not unusual.  When water
parameters and food are right, fish spawn.  That's how it is.  My
sister-in-law used to have a feedeer-size comet in a bowl that spawned solo
every three or four weeks.  She kept it immaculate, and the fish was happy.

Bob Dixon