Is this possible?

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me with my planted 55 gallon tank.  My goal
is to have a tank where apistos can spawn and thrive using lots of plants and
tap water ( I live in a Manhatten apartment and water storage/RO water is a
problem).  My water is pretty good (6.5 ph and 3-4 gh). I have spawned A.
Cacataudes successfully.  Right now in my 55 I have lots of Amazon swords and
some stem plants, driftwood and a few flowerpots for caves .  Inhabitants
include a trio of A. Trifasciata and three small cories and ten rummynose
tetras.
Filtration is an eheim cannister filter. Any suggestions as to how to get
these fish to spawn or what apistos (and how many ) would work for what I am
trying to do would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Andy