Re: Unidentified Apistogramma sp.

By the photos on the krib, I can say that I keppt this fish for a while back
in '83.  I got a trio from a dude in Welland, Ont.  On the basis of the
"zippered" lateral line, I had tentitively thought they were A. borellii.
Now I've seen borellii, and know I was wrong.  It is nice to know for sure
now.

They refused to spawn for the fellow I got them from, but I had luck within a
week.  The only difference I can think of is that he had them over a white
sand substrate, and I put the trio in a ten gallon with black gravel, a black
back, and lots of water sprite and java fern.  I had eggs within a week on
flake and frozen brine.  I used Buffalo, NY tap water in those days.  Maybe
someone living there now can fill in GH, KH, and pH for us.  It also worked
welll for aggies, bitaeniata, and steindachneri., at 78F.

Bob Dixon