From: Helen Burns <helen.burns@bigwig.net>
To: apisto@admin.listbox.com <apisto@admin.listbox.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: Use of additives with RO water, Apisto aggressiveness

:Sherry,
:Apisto's are timid little things if you wish to compare them to Malawis.  I
:would recommend you read all the information you can about dwarf cichlids
:before venturing into the world of dwarfs.  You may wish to do as I did,
:look at the pictures in the books and then the species you like the most
:read everything you can about that species, then buy.
:Erik Olson's web site http://www.thekrib.com will give you answers to what
:you need to know.
:I think you are making a wise move, Malawis are too vicious for my liking.
:Helen
:
:
:>Also, I was wondering just how aggressive Apisto's usually are, (of
course,
:>as an average, since I don't know what kind I plan to get yet), can anyone
:>rate them as opposed to the African Malawi Cichlids? If not, just a
general
:>idea will do. I just threw out the comparison to the Malawi's because that
:>is the type of fish I have kept longest and am most familiar with.
:>
:>Hopefully they're not as bad as the Malawi's. I have a male Oblique that
:has
:>beat up two females in the past week! Kind of rough to breed them when the
:>females spend most of their time in a hospital tank. :(
:>
:>TIA,
:>Sherry
:
:
:
:
:For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help,
:email apisto-request@listbox.com.
Archives"!
: