Rams spawning

I have a pair of Rams in a 10 gallon tank here at work, along with a pleco.  Late this morning I went in to feed them an found about 75 eggs on top of a flat rock with the female hovering over them.  A few may be infertile as they are kind of whitish.

Now for the punch line...

I'm off playing Boy Scout all next week with my son's troop.  So I won't be here to monitor their progress or care for the fry!  As I recall (this is my first time with Rams), the eggs should hatch ina few days and the wrigglers become free swiming a few days after that, which means I'll have to instruct one of my peers on how to help care for the fry.

1. I'm assuming the first step is to remove the pleco, correct?  Being that this tank is in the office, I don't have any bags handy.  So should I leave the light on tonight to allow the parents an opportunity to protect their spawn?

2. I won't have nor could I hatch BBS at the office.  So is finely ground flake food a decent alternative (Now I wish I had bought a can of that Cyclops-Ease!)?  Or what else could aI try?

3. How soon before I can transport them home into a grow out tank?

Thanks.

FYI, I recently bought these fish (and two other pairs, from Joel WasDyke (joel_ang@visi.com).  They are a beautiful strain of Rams and they are doing fine on straight Chicago tap water.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL