Urgent request for help!!!

For you health nuts out there, I have a 1" wild Peruvian male A. agassizii
that I purchased about two weeks ago along with one other male and a female.
They're housed in a well planted 20g long tank with the appropriate caves and
all that.  For some reason, the Ph tests at neutral even though the water
going in is reconstituted R-O water that tests at 6.0 in the holding
container.  The total hardness is about 30ppm and the temp. is 77.4 F.
Partial water changes are performed regularly and filtration is excellent.

Today, I noticed what appears to be a fairly large, white nodule like growth
protruding from one of the male's throats, located just below his bottom lip
and above the front of his gill plate.

I am extremely concerned because sometime ago, I had the same situation occur
with a young A. Nijsseni.  Despite my efforts at water changes,
anti-bacterial and anti-protazoa medications, the growth eventually engulfed
his entire throat region and grossly distorted his mouth.  In a relatively
short period of time, he stopped eating and died.  After a major major water
change, the remaining three nijssenis, over a period of days, started to show
the same symptoms and eventually died as well.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on?  Has anyone experienced this
before?  Any thoughts, comments and/or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.