Re: water chem

Bob gave a pretty good chemistry lesson so I will only
touch on a few points. #1 your conductivity is going
up because when as the water in your tanks gets
polluted the nitrates, feces, urine etc... begin to
raise the counductivity. We can then use this as a
very good indicater of overall water quality. Most
importantly to us is the fact that we can have the
"proper water parameters" for a particuler species but
if our microsiemens is too high we may not get the
eggs to hatch at all. So keep an eye on how your
counductivity is rising in your tanks and get on a
water change schedule to counter it. With experience
you will be breeding just about any Apisto you can get
you hands on. Sounds like you are on your way with the
high quality of water you are producing. Best of luck
to you.

===
David Sanchez
Casselberry, FL