High Temps....HELP!

When I returned home Monday night, I found that the air conditioning system
had failed.  I have 14 tanks with temperatures in the high 80's.
I have tried baggies with ice floating in the water.  This does not help.
Within 10 minutes the ice has melted.  I stayed home from work doing this
over and over.  If the ambient temps don't go down, will I lose my wonderful
apistos?  Anyone out there with any ideas or solutions to my dilemma?  How
long can the fish handle these temps?  Will my teeny babies fail to
survive?
I know most of you all are off to the ACA.  Take a moment and share your
wisdom and experience, please.
Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy